View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: do some people really have better luck?(rant... be prepared)

[ QUOTE ]
what i meant was that i haven't won 50% of the coinflip situations over a lot of hands.. i have my AA cracked much more often than i crack other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

1a - How do you know that you are losing more than 50% of the coin flips?
1b - you do realize that the term "race" or "coin flip" isn't exactly accurate. These situations are not exactly 50/50. In many cases the pocket pair is a slight favorite (55:45). Over your life if you enter every "coin flip" as the favorite, you'd win more than 50%. Are you getting $$$ in with AK a lot? If you were to play AKs vs QQ every hand for the rest of your life you'd better have QQ or you're going to go broke.

2 - How are you playing your ACES? If you are playing them too cute or slow then yes, they are going to get cracked more often. If you are playing them fast and strong and getting them into heads up situations then you're fine.
2a - Its not how often they get cracked, its how much $$$ you are winning (or god-forbid losing) with them long term. If you are playing limit and get AA and raise with them but still get 6 callers then the chances that the AA will get cracked increase... but the $$$ that you win when they DON'T get cracked increases as well, while your investment into the pot stays the same. Its not about the # of pots its about the Benjamins!
2b - YES, at low limits its very very likely that the number of times you're aces get cracked is more than the number of times you crack other peoples aces - This is because at low limits you usually have 3 or 4 or ... 8 villains gunning for your aces, even in a raised pot AND if you are talking about the number of times you crack aces, you are only 1 person against those aces. I was going to suggest that you look at how often other peoples aces are being cracked BUT you can't really do that because often when they are cracked they get mucked and you don't know about it... so you still have a perception problem.
2c - when you raise with AA and everyone folds do you get upset that no one called? Just wondering...

In Short:
QUIT YOUR BIYATCHIN' or Call Phil Helmuth and commisserate!

That's what ThisHo has to say about this!