View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Default The Great Deceiver and God

Someone started a conversation in another thread about the existance of God and how can you "prove" it. Well this isn't quite along the same lines, but this idea has been floating around in my head for along time. Let me give the obvious caveat before I start this post that I am not religious and don't claim any affiliation. But I do ponder these things often and I've come up with a theory.

It's been widely understood that "Satan" is the great deciever.

My theory for a long time has been this; God never did kick Lucipher out of Heaven. When the Angel of Light rose up against God with his small band of rebel angels, it was God that was kicked out of Heaven into Hell having been overpowered by the very creatures of power he created from imagination.

Satan actually succeeded in his attempt to usurp the throne of Divinity, and merely started lying to everyone about his true identity, all the time calling himself GOD. Then changing history to read that Lucipher lost and was cast down. He IS the great deciever after all, and anyone who could have proved otherwise was condemned to imprisonment in Hell.

It would certaintly explain "God's" penchant for burning people who don't worship him, no? In my opinion, he real God of Love would have never have burned any of his children in the pits of Hell, for any reason, much less one so egotistical and selfish as to demand praise from a bunch of mortal humans with short life spans and tiny brains. It seems perverted in the grand scale of things, in the scope of the entire universe, to demand worship from a species of soft, hairless mammals by a so-called Supreme Being. That's the kind of thing that tyrants demand.

It would also go a long way to explain why there is so much war, death, poverty and destruction. It's actually Satan that all the Christians give praise [tithe] to every Sunday in churches across the world. But it's not their fault, they've all been fooled.

Well, it's a theory anyway. If I were to be a religious person, that's the kind of thing that I'd be thinking about.