Thread: Decision Time
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 05:07 PM

Default Results

Thanks for all the feedback I wished I had posted this hand before living it.

I came over the top on the flop and was put all in by the Big Stack with AA for top set and me with no outs except runner runner quad 5's or 6's.

I think that calling on the flop is a strong suggestion but I think that when the case A hit my big bet inexperience combined with the fact that the flop was about as good as AKo can hope for against someone playing a big pair - unless of course it were AA - tied me to this pot with all my marbles. My thinking was that 55 or 66 were not probable holdings and that therefor I was behind only one possible holding. My own obervations of this player should have led me to believe that AA was the most likely holding.

The question of folding preflop to the reraise if I was sure this player needed QQ or better to make this move is a solid one. Something to think about as how much of my stack should I be willing to wager with 6 outs not including a straight redraw?

Nonetheless, with my pot limit/no limit experience up to this point - this is not a hand I would have been able to let go of until I lived it once.

We'll see if I learn next time.

Thanks Again

Good Luck