View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: zaxx19 says \"Get out of the Kiddie Pool and make some moves\", so I do

i should have said in my previous post that i do like the play overall. there was just that one thing that gave me pause for the play....my main point could also help others to think about when/when not to "make a move".

for what it's worth, UTG would not need to bluff here with all his chips. all he needs is top pair/decent kicker, and to put hero on a bluff. there is one particular player i play with quite regularly where all i need is top pair to check/raise all in there. he absolutely LOVES to play the board like our hero did, and ALWAYS makes close to a pot size bet when he does. conversely, when he actually has the hand, he value bets.

good example: monday night pot limit game. i raise in MP w/AA. he is the only caller, and is in the straddle. the board is a scary J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet $50 into a $55 pot. he calls. turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. he bets $125 into me. i call putting him on a dry 9. river is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. check/check. he tables Q9offsuit. he would not have bet into me if he had the straight, and i knew it. against this player, i would have at the very least called had i been UTG in the OP's hand and had at least top pair. against most any other player at the table, i can fold my aces.

cheers!