View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines

[ QUOTE ]
I dont' like the checkraise for the aforementioned reasons, particularly you lose the call from the BB. I think the checkraise and cap on the flop completely drys up any action you might get on the turn and the river; is this a good thing?

What about slowyplaying the flop and coming alive on the turn? Is this a more profitable line? Are you losing bets in the long-run? I.e.
Flop - bet call
Turn - bet, raise, raise, raise.
River - Bet, raise

Curious what people think of this line? Too risky to miss bets? Are you concerned about being drawn out on to the flush or boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this post is getting at what the point of initially posting was. Aside from realizing why cr on the flop is bad, I am still curious if anyone thinks I should dodge a scenario that caps the flop and go for something later. Like if I lead flop, bb does whatever, ep raises, now I just call instead of 3 betting looking to go for something on the flop? I wasn't in favor of that here because of the positional difficulty, is that generally how you guys would make that decision? Thus if I led and got raised I would go 3 and then lead? Would I lead if I got capped on the flop?