View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: how do you play against posters?

My thoughts :
<font color="green"> if your hand is worth limping with in EP in normal games, but there is a poster in LP, should you raise or call?</font>
I think it depends. I will limp more loosely with a poster in. My raising will also be a little looser but from EP there's still plenty of people to play so standards aren't affected too much.

<font color="green">what if there are multiple limpers? </font>
This devalues the effect of the poster.

<font color="green">does it make much of a difference if the hand is suited or not?</font>
Some.

<font color="green"> if you have KQo UTG should this now be raised instead of a limp? what if its A9s? how about 88?</font>
KQo I raise anyway, A9s I fold UTG 10-way, otherwise raise, 88 I will raise with a poster but sometimes limp UTG without.
<font color="green">
what about the times that there is a UTG poster and youre on the button, should you loosen or tighten up your raising standards.</font>
UTG poster = rich or foolish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] play accordingly (loosen)

<font color="green"> how loose should you go to if there is a CO poster who hasnt raised?</font>
On the button or in the blinds, I play looser as there is more dead money giving you better pot odds for your cash.

<font color="green">can you limp/raise in with hands that you normally wouldnt with, with a LP poster? what if its a hand like 9Ts that you would play after a limper, could you limp 9Ts UTG with a LP poster? how about weak suited aces? small pairs?</font>
I won't play 9Ts UTG because it's too weak even with a LP poster. Axs I will play depending on how tight/loose the table is likely to be once my bet is in, small pairs similarly.