Thread: Decision Time
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2003, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Decision Time

My first reaction was - you're likely ahead - so raise. You're only behind AA (among most likely limp-reraising hands), and there's only 1 way he could have that. After reading Greg & Matt's posts, I agree that calling will make you more on average. You have position, so you can call if he bets, and bet the river if he doesn't bet either the turn or the river. In that case, I would think you will have a decent chance of getting paid off if you're ahead since the turn was checked through and you've shown no aggression post-flop.

Question: Does anyone fold to the pre-flop pot sized limp-reraise? I realize we have position here, but I have to think against most opponents the limp-reraise here means a big pocket pair. If that's the case, some of our Aces and Kings may be dead, and we won't know if we're good if we do hit something on the flop. An Ace gives us some confidence (only 1 AA beats us), but a K is different (3 AA and 1 KK beats us). Am new to big bet so if this is ridiculous I apologize in advance.