View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Straddle? Spread Limit?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing online for about a year now and am planning a Vegas trip for my first live action. In reading this forum I've come across some unfamiliar terms. So what exactly do the following B&M terms mean, and what's the correct strategy for them?

<ul type="square">[*]Straddle[*]Live Straddle[*]Spread Limit[/list]Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Straddle is a bet posted UTG before the cards are dealt. If the straddle is live you get the option to raise yourself when the action is back on you. If it is not live it is technicaly simply a "raise in the dark" and you do not get the option to raise yourself.

Spread limit does not follow the usual 2/4 bet format. ie, if you are playing 10/20 all bets preflop or on the flop are ten and on the turn and river all bets are 20. in ay 2-10 spread limit game you would be able to bet any amount between 2 and 10 on any street. So preflop with blinds of 1 and 2 you could raise to 4, 6, 7, or 12, etc. If someone already raised to 6 you could raise anywhere from 4-10 (4 minimum because they raised four, and ten maximum because that is the max raise). So if you wanted you could call 6, and raise to anything between 10 and 16. It is a more common betting structure in stud than holdem.