View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Need help designing my workout

Okay, here's the situation:

Poker winnings have provided an opportunity for my wife and I to go on a cruise with a bunch of our friends from May 21-28. I definitely need to lose some weight and tone up before then. I have already switched my dieting habits to more frequent smaller meals based mostly around fish and chicken, so ignore the diet for purposes of this post.

I am looking for a good workout for the next 6-7 weeks to get myself in the best condition possible. I am 6'2" and at the start of my working out (2.5 weeks ago) I weighed 220 lbs. I would like to get to 205 lbs before the cruise. For the last 2.5 weeks and the rest of this week, i perform the following workout:

Mon, Wed, and Sat, 20 minutes on the treadmill at a hard pace followed by 40 minutes of weight lifting.

Tues and Thurs, 45 minutes on the treadmill at a slow jog.

How would you taylor my workouts over the next 6-7 weeks to maximize weight loss/tone up. Keep in mind that I am much more concerned with the weight loss/toning than adding muscle, and assume that I have one hour per day (except Fridays, no time on Fridays) to work out.

Thank you,
Rick Diesel