View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Question about Moving up--Hypothetical

[ QUOTE ]
So Kane, you are saying you think limit is more profitable in the long run for a good player than NL?

Because if high level NL is more profitable than high level limit, it is probably +EV for this player to switch now and move up the NL ladder. Even if it means less $/hr immediately, if it means exponentially greater returns later it is probably worth it.

Of course this is all dependent on whether we are valuing the short term or the long term more highly, and how long the long term is. So I guess it really depends on the player's priorities to a great extent.

My reply to the OP's question is that if you can 4 table the 3/6, you should certainly be able to beat the 5/10 for 4 or more tables. Anyone who can beat 2/4 on 8 tables should be able to beat any (full) game they can beat on one table for at least four tables. I can't see why this person is single tabling the 5/10 in the first place, 4 tabling the 3/6 would be a ton more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know which is more profitable, long term, or what the long term future of poker will become, but i do know that he is alot closer to being an expert limit player than a expert nl player.

my advice to any limit player (or nl player) would be to start learning to excel in sh and hu play.