View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 07:16 PM

Default A LAG raises UTG and I 3 bet RED 9S

Live 10-20 game 7 or 8 orbits in with a TAG table image. Lots of 5, 6 and 7 way pots. Seat 1 raises under the gun, 2 fold and I decide to get tricky and 3 bet with red 9’s from seat 4. Lots of cold calling 2 bets but I haven’t seen anyone cold call 3 so figure I’ll take a stab at getting heads up. I figure UTG will reraise with any pair bigger than tens and only call with a big Ace or small pair. I’ve represented a bigger hand than I have and I feel good about taking the pot down with a ragged flop. Button cold calls 3, UTG calls and we have 3 to the flop.

Flop 89 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG bets and I raise hoping to push the button off a weak draw. UTG has folded a couple of times for one bet on ragged flops after raising preflop so I’m pretty sure he has a big pair when he calls my raise maybe AK or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. When he doesn’t reraise I take him off Aces and automatically put him on Queens or maybe Kings for some reason. I think he thinks I have the Aces. No way has he given me credit for a set on that flop.

Turn is a J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG bets, I raise, the button folds and UTG goes in the tank. Now I’m really lost. I think he thinks I have Kings or Jacks and I’m sure he has Aces because there’s no way he bets out with pocket Jacks. He reraises and I just call.

River is a Jh.

Utg bets...

All Comment appreciated.

Thanks and
Best of Luck

Gordon Scott