View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 08:26 AM

Default Re: low limit hold\'em

But I say again, is it really possible to win at 2/4 consistently online or off ?

Yes, it is possible. You seem very focused on starting hands... as if playing the right cards is a through ticket to big bucks. If you do indeed play appropriately preflop, them my guess is that you are too loose postflop. Do you routinely call turn and river raises, not believing that your opponent could play the hand that he is representing? My guess is also that you play too passively postflop... failing to bet and raise on the expensive streets when you have the best hand. Do you routinely check down top pair on the river? Would you consider betting second or even third pair for value on the river against the right opponents? Do you buy lots of small pots in the tight-passive games with flop and turn bets on very little or nothing?

Of course, I have no idea how you play... but these are very common mistakes that 2+2ers who are struggling with the low limits make. Given your results, though, I can virtually assure you that there are significant holes in your game. Please post hands and participate in the discussion on hands others have posted. I have improved immensely in the seven months that I have been participating actively in this forum.