View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Same Party 33 Tourney. I got incredibly lucky to get where I am. TT wins an amazing 4 person all-in PF against AKd, ATs and QQ. Anyways, I'm moved to another table and I get these two hands. Once again, I don't have strong reads, though this time it's more because I've only been here for one orbit.

Hand 1: Blinds at 100/200. I have T3265. Folded to villain in CO who minraises to 400. I call in the BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain has me covered.

Pot: T900
Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

What's my plan?

Hand 2: I have T6530. Folded to me on the button. I raise to T600 with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Huge stack BB calls. Villain in this hand has been busting people left and right. He's got about T21K and is the chip leader of the tourney. Since building the stack though, he's gotten a bit careless and been playing way too many hands. I put him on any two.

Pot: T1300
Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks. I bet T900. Villain calls.

Pot: T3100
Turn: (8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh good. I suck less at poker than I thought, because I did exactly what you both suggested. Hand 1, villain bet out around 1000. This made my check-raise allin less attractive because I only had about 1800 behind, but I did it anyways. Villain calls with AQ and the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn wins it for me.

Second hand. I check behind villain. Turn is a club without pairing the board, but not the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain thinks for a bit and pushes me all-in. I call. He has T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sadly I finished in 92, 22 away from the money. I could have folded my way into 70th place, but that seemed awfully unambitious.