View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: To Those Successful MTT\'ers: a Difficult Question about Stealing

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to go against the grain here. I'm also probably one of the least experienced to respond to this thread. But, I'd like to throw out my opinion and see what others think.

Obviously there are a lot of circumstances that aren't covered. But, I'd tend to lean towards calling rather than lean towards folding. If I thought the BB was getting sick of my steals or if he didn't have a lot of chips and couldn't do a lot of damage, I'd most likely call.

If you fold here then to observant players, you just confirmed that you've been stealing a lot. You've likely also killed your opportunities for stealing in the near future. If you call, you give the impression that you're raising with decent hands and not stealing. You also show that you're willing to gamble and people should respect your raises. If you win, it's open season on stealing more.

Like I said before, this is a VERY debateable call. But I'd definitely be looking for a reason to call rather than a reason to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still an easy fold. Unless the BB is a short stack that may be "giving up" and won't cripple you I hate the call. As others have pointed out you need to adjust your play based on current image and you can fold this hand and wait for the time that the BB (or others) play back at you with a strong hand. IF the table is observant and you think they won't respect your raises after 1 fold to an allin reraise (doubtful IMO) then you need to tighten up for awhile and maybe showdown a legitimate hand or two.