View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Suggestions for my first trip to Foxwoods?

I'm looking for any suggestions for a trip to Foxwoods I am planning soon. I've done a fair amount of searching through the archives but I'm not sure how much of that information is up to date. Here are my questions, any advice would be greatly appreciated,

1) What time / day (Friday or Sat) is the best for soft tables? Also, what kind of waiting time would I be looking at to get a seat? I would play low limit hold em.

2) Ideally, because of bankroll considerations, I would play 2-4. But I've heard that the rake at that game is almost unbeatable. Unfortunately I can't afford to bring more than 2 - 3 hundred dollars to play with in total so I hesitate to step into a 4-8 game so short stacked. Also I don't know if I can even beat 4-8. To give you some idea of my skill level: I currently beat party .50 - 1.00 at 3.5 BB / 100 over 6k hands and I feel very comfortable there. I haven't really taken a significant shot at anything higher. Advice?

3) I live in Boston and don't own a car. I'd like to get to Foxwoods in the early evening, play overnight, and leave the next morning. Suggestions for bus companies that do this cheaply? Is busing a bad idea?

Any other general comments / advice? Thanks very much,

D