View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: virus/spyware help needed quick.

I'm at home and don't have the program on this computer, but there should be an "Immunize" button on the left when you open up Spybot Search and Destroy. My recollection is that selecting the immunize setting causes Spybot to moniter your system all the time, with a warning window popping up whenever some of the more persistent adware tries to reinstall itself. When that happens, you not only get a chance to override the re-installation, but you get a peek at what that particular adware is called. That enables you to google it and get more specific instructions on how to rid yourself of that particular adware.

If you have a lot of it on your system, it's worth getting a technical person to come over and either purge or completely reinstall your operating system. Adware, spyware, and malware are now the number one reason that compute rusers call help desks, and have become more of a burden than either viruses or spam.

Again I'm not a technical person, if you continue to experience persistent problems with adware you should get help from someone with expertise in that area.