View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: First B&M Observations

Did you play all weekend at the Gold Strike? I was there Friday night from 5:20pm to 3:20am mostly playing the 6/12 game they had going but I was at a 3/6 table for a while before the 6/12 game started and after it broke up. You should check out the Horseshoe the next time you're in Tunica, it's definitely a more enjoyable poker experience. I just don't like the staff at the Gold Strike much, they're rarely helpful, they've given me attitude when I ask for a food comp, there's hardly ever any cocktail waitresses around and when they are it takes forever to get drinks once you've ordered, I once took a break for about 20 minutes to grab a quick bite to eat and they had someone playing over me by the time I got back. It was still the same dealer so I know I couldn't have been gone for very long. Not to mention the game selection gets worse every time I go there, this last time all they had for limit holdem was 3/6 and that was on a Friday night.

B&M is a lot more fun than online. I shouldn't have played so much B&M this month because now I'm spoiled, I have no desire to open up Party Poker. Considering the closest B&M is 100 miles away that might not be a good thing.