View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 01:38 PM

Default overcard situation that ive been having trouble with... what do?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

so ive had a lot of problems dealing with overcards lately... and i believe its a big leak in my game.

so the pot is pretty big heading into the flop... i see two hearts and a 23 for a possible straight draw, but I feel i have to protect my hand/draw... check/raise isnt going to do me much good as i have a LAA to my left so I bet out..

and then bam a king hits on the turn thats not a heart.. so i bet out and get callers

and then an ace hits the board, i get my two pair, but theres a possible flush and a 45 straight which im not too worried about

but I bet out anyways... and call the raise (i know that im beaten at ths point)

is this how I was supposed to play it

and what if heading into the flop it was only like 4 SB... should I have just checked my overcards?