View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Results! well, he didn\'t have AA...

Well, you all are smarter than me!

All I could think about when I saw this bet was a thread I read yesterday about people open-pushing with aces to "see if it works"... and I really didn't want to be the dolt who calls with something other than AA.

Also -- drexah hit the nail on the head -- with a proper bankroll, I probably make the call. I wasn't "trying to get out of the kiddie pool", or "taking a shot"... I do play at this level, and I actually HAVE the BR for this game, but I just deposited two buy-ins on Empire because I felt like playing it last night. This isn't a long-term thing. (Needless to say, despite the fact that I folded QQ here, it was a pretty profitable hour or so...)

Anyway, my QQ hit the muck after about 20 seconds of agonizing, and my opponent promptly showed me his hole cards...

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Chalk one up for the fish, I guess.

Nice hand.

-dB

EDIT: To address all of the confusion -- yes, it's heads-up and he's already all-in. When I said "push", I could have just said "call".. but I like "push or fold" more than "call or fold". Same thing.