View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Bad spot for a push with 88 (5 handed)

previous play at the table would influence the answer quite a bit, but we don't know what's gone down previously.

The first thing that jumped out at me was the fact that you pushed into two people, not just one. Coinflips only work when two people are playing, not three. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Large stack SB flat called the raise. Is this normal for him? Does he like to see a lot of flops? Does he have a big hand?

[ QUOTE ]
UTG had only played few hands up till now, so he probably had a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know this, then why fight it? (especially after the SB calls, there is a chance that he's coming along for the ride, too. He might be able to bust you both and get in the money. People seem a little more inclined to call in this situation when they can get in the money)

I don't think I push here, especially in to two people. Calling 1/6th of my stack to see a flop three handed probably isn't right, either. I muck with t605 left and t25 SB next hand, happy that two other people are tangling with each other. t605 is semi-workable still, although if either UTG or MP go away, your FE suddenly decreases when you have to push into the big stack in future rounds.