View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: The river bet game

Before I read everything else, here goes...

Hand 1: The ony 8 I can put him on is 68 or 810, although if he has either of these he is likely trying for a checkraise.

There also aren't a lot of hands there that call a bet but lose though. Does just a K call? Unless this guy is super loose, no. KJ, K10 might, that's probably it.

I'd choose B. It's far more likely he is behind, and his call on the turn is most likely a missed draw, but at least that way you don't have to show down and give away information.

Hand 2: Same as above, he probably has a missed draw, or a K looking for a cheap showdown, so I choose A and you checking let's him possibly bet his missed draw or lesser king. I can't really see him have anything but a set here that beats you.

Hand 3:

His overbet on the flop seems like either two pair or a made straight, so I would bet here and fold to a massive checkraise.

Hand 4: Tough hand. It's hard to believe an UTG player has a 2, but I can't really see him having anything else, save AT. I'd bet out half pot here, just because I can't see him playing this way with anything but a hand he'd never play UTG.

Hand 5: Again, can't see him having anything great here. Maybe spades, maybe straight draw, maybe a 7. Bet half pot, hope for a call.

Hand 6:

Between C or D. Depends on how big his raise is. Call a min-raise, fold to a huge raise. He could very well have just a decent A here.