View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Hand 5: To everyone who chose B, a question

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all -

After I posted my responses I read those of others... and I'm curious which hands call the 1/2 pot bet on Hand 5 (option B) but don't call a big overbet.

1/2 pot sort of looks like value-betting the nuts.. which is exactly what it would be. I might be underestimating villain here, but I think if he's calling this much with his lower flush, he'll call more. If he hit a straight -- he doesn't call an overbet, but I doubt he calls 1/2 pot. There's also the possibility that he simply doesn't believe you, and does call with the straight/two pair/whatever.

Remember, the overbet has to be called about 1/4 as often as the half-pot bet to make it more +EV. I pull a Wayfare here.

Comments? Disagreements?

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think though that the vast majority of times, given the blind has called pf, checked flop, checked turn, called turn, then checked river, (passive line at every avenue) it's really optimistic to assume he has a big hand. (Of course, this happened to be a major fish who did have a legit hand...) I also think a sheriff-type player will always call that river bet (midpot) with ANY pair.