View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Why should I finish my college degree? (I really want you to tell me)

[ QUOTE ]
The rush is obvious. Right now, college would represent 20% of his life. To many of us, it wouldn't even come up to 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I'm damn near 18 times 2 and college represents well over 25% of my life. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

--

[ QUOTE ]
I want you to convince me to stay in college and finish up my degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you already know what you want to hear, but summing up the reasons given so far:

1. It provides greater opportunities should poker lose interest for you (due to one factor or another).
2. Having a well-rounded education can't hurt. I never talked to an old fart who told me his biggest regret was learning so much.

You also have to consider:
3. Spending your early summer years alone, at home, in front of the computer ain't exactly mentally healthy.
4. You can find some really juicy live games on (and around) college campuses, especially right now, and they're a lot more fun than playing online.

--

It's too bad those scholarships aren't transferable. I'm having the time of my life in grad school. With a bit more money, I could have the time of several other people's lives as well.