View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: The river bet game

1.b
any draw folds, almost any made hand beats you
2.a
More info on the player would be nice - I'm probably going to get this wrong but I encounter more players that slow play two pair or a set at these limits than players that take a stab when they miss a draw. KJ or K10 aren't out of the question either though, but if he's been passive so far he might check behind. So maybe call a small bet?
3.a
again, seems like you are only called by stronger hands
4.b
normally check behind, but a straightforward player in call down mode? time to value bet
5.b
if he has a small piece of the flop and puts you on overcards (which makes sense with his earlier play) he might call the small bet. The big bet says overpair or flush. The answer changes of course if you have the aggressive/steal image.
6.d
Seems the best possible answer. Options C and E seem poor because you lose a lot of money to the flush. Option B seems like you win less/lose more than option D because his bet is likely to be larger than 6-10. Option A seems weak, even for me (look at my previous answers!). The blocking bet seems fine: you don't lose too much, you get paid off occasionally, and he's got to be crazy or really have you read if he raises without the flush.

Someone really good post "correct" answers please. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]