View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: The river bet game

1) I don't like this one. Full house, straight, and set possibilities. Though if top pair is good, I would trust your kicker is best. The only think encouraging is that he didn't bet on the river. Though perhaps, due to your turn aggression, he's hoping for a checkraise? If there was checkraise, would you call? I lean towards 'no'... and check it through.

2) "C. Put the rest of his stack in (half pot)" The opponent didn't bet on the flop. Nor did he checkraise with a potential flush draw. The player is in middle position so he is less likely to have 2 pair with anything on that flop. I would therefore, be inclined to put him on a draw.

3) I'm wavering between "C. Same as B but call checkraise" and D. "Bet a lot and be ready to go all in." This may be a big weakness of mine. I (perhaps incorrectly) think my straight is good against a random blind hand.

4) ahem... since cutoff is straightforward, I have trouble putting him on a 2 UTG. In which case, the only hands you fear are Pocket 10s or Qs. Though I'm having trouble imagining what he would CR you with here. If he had pocket 10s on the flop, I would think he'd wait til the turn to make such a move. He's NOT likely to put you on a two. I'm inclined to think you're ahead. So bet... I pick C.

5) "B. 10 to 12 range (halfpot ish)" Only because I can't see him calling much more.

6) Another toughie. I think if you check, you invite a steal. And since we don't know how much opponent would bet, better to lead out what you would be willing to call... I vote D (blocking bet/fold to reraise)