View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: The river bet game

Ok I'll take a stab at the bet the river game [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Ok, Hand 1:

I'd go for option B, bet a bit less than 1/2 the pot.

Hand 2:

B, but I think it's close and player dependent. A lot of people will bet their boat on the river there, fearing a check behind. I'm not sure what he's calling with there on the turn unless it's 77, 44, 22...An overpair would have surely bet the flop. Presumably UTG wouldn't have a 5. Yet his check on the river is throwing me off a bit. Against a loosie who could have a 5 UTG, I'll call the river checkraise.

Hand 4:
Edited:
Option B.
He check-minraises you on the flop on T 2 2 board. Very weird. I think it could be a donk trying to play a flush draw like this (wouldn't be bad if the checkraise was for more than min amount, imo). I would expect to see a mid-pocket pair or flush draw out of this guy a decent portion of the time.

Hand 5:
Option B, bet 1/2 the pot.
I play this a bit differently though. I'll definitely bet this flop heads up in position. Check behind on the turn and then value bet 1/2 to 2/3 the pot on the river.

Hand 6:
Option D, throw a blocking bet out there and fold to a raise. I think you have the best hand a good portion of the time here.

So how did I do? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

KoW