View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: pocket pairs as drawing hands

first no ignorant questions..just ignorant people..and this question is in my opinion a good one...

As far as pps...early in a tourney anyhting 99 and lower is really a drawing hand and you should be willing to fold QQ and down preflop if need be...that being said when the blinds become worth fighting for in relation to your stack is when you should start to gamble with a PP...if the "free money" in the pot is significant enough to add a decent % of $$ to your stack i think you should reraise in order to get heads up with them...the only times i recomend calling in this situation is when there are 4 or 5 people already in the pot for a raise..in that spot it is good to play any pp thats not paint as a drawing hand and try to set on the flop...The reasons for this are as follows: you are assured action if you happen to hit your set if an ace or king comes along with it...you are able to get away cheap if your pair doesnt improve b/c its likely that your pair is no good to begin with...being heads up in late position to a raise i like to decide preflop whether i think