View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 10:36 AM

Default $400 NL PP hand 6 Max

Background: I’ve been playing pretty solid. A few steals pre flop, maybe firing a second bullet on the flop, but never shooting on the turn. MP has had a few suspect plays, and has recently lost a full buy in, he may be tilting, but certainly isn’t the most solid guy.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($511.1)
BB ($1421.2)
UTG ($458.7)
MP ($438)
Button ($55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, Hero calls $13, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

I flat called basically because I really don’t want to face a re-raise, and the button only has $55 left, and I’m not putting that much in preflop with AQs. Would it be correct for me to fold here at all?

Flop: ($49) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $40</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $120</font>, MP calls $80.

I see this as a good flop. I don’t think MP has a 9 with a $15 pre flop raise. I think he might have AK, over cards, or overpair at this point. My thought was my check raise may get him to lay down TT-KK here and if not, well I have lots of outs. I see his $40 bet as him saying, “Hey button I want to fight you, and I don’t want that SB(Hero) to call me.” I think if he wanted action, he would have bet $20, hoping to get popped by button, have me call, and the shove. Since button folds I think that if I get re-popped I would just put my money in (what do you think of that, good/bad plan?)

Turn: ($289) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $175</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $303 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $128.

Yippe! I feel that I am good here and want to get all the money in. I bet a little more than half of what he has left, hoping to make it look like a follow up bluff and knowing that he is a bit ‘on edge’ right now. Plus if he just called, we are pot commited anyways. Well, he just goes all in over me anyways like I wanted.

River: ($895) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Well, let hope he didn’t have AA or A9…

Final Pot: $895

I’m interested in anybody’s thoughts about any street. The play I see as a little worrisome is my flop check raise, am I just asking for trouble?

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Qs (flush, ace high).
MP has Td Tc (two pair, tens and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $895. </font>