View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone 100-max NL

I'm back from dinner, so I'm going to elaborate on what I said a bit.

Turning Stone spreads three no limit games:

1. 100NL: 1-2 blinds, $3 drop on pots > 10

This game runs 24/7. On weekdays, only one table will survive the night, maybe two on weekends. Weekend evenings there will be 4 or 5 tables of this running, and the list can get VERY long Friday night (2+ hours). During the day the wait is not very bad.

The action is VERY hit or miss. Other posters seem to find the action better than I think it is. If people have been busting out and there is money on the table, it can be great. The opening raises can be 12-15 and multi-way raised pots are common. However, at other times the tables get very shortstacked and the rake takes over. Many college students. See the link above for more info.

2. 200NL: 2-5 blinds, $5 per half hour

This game generally does not survive the night during the week, maybe on weekends. One table running, usually starts up in the afternoon at some point if it dies during the night. The wait is generally not bad.

The action here is JUICY. I'm talking mega chip-spewing orgy at times. Preflop raises are more standard than the 100NL (15-25), but there are regulars here with money to burn and no poker skill whatsoever. People go to the felt with TP, no kicker. Others get married to mid pocket pairs if there is only one over card. Busting is MUCH more common in this game, so there is much more money on the table. Lots of bluffing. I'm talking obvious, bad bluffing. Play is significantly looser on all streets than the 100NL, and people are much more willing to get all-in. My friends have had phenominal results in this game, and I did well my first (and only) session. Can't wait to play it again. I'm curious if MBD plays this game... you out there MBD?

3. No Max: 5-10 blinds, 20 bring in, $300 min buy in, $8 per half hour (I think). This only runs on fridays. Average stack is generally 2-3K.

One table friday night. Played this once, didn't go well. Lets not go there.

So to sum this up, as I said before, if you have the bankroll hit up the 200NL.