View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Although its not the answer you\'re looking for..

I think your reraise was fine, in my opinion.

The first low stack guy who raised 200 with 550 in chips... ALMOST tells you that he wants to go all in... then a raise from another position probably ment he wanted to go heads up with the guy with a pretty good hand, QK/A10 ect. but raised only to get other people out of the hand who wanted to play their mediocre hands(suited connectors/J10, a drawing hand)

I am a new player kinda... so im going to give my opinion on what happenend.

Now, i believe what happenend was when you reraised.. and it went back to the small stack... he prolly figured he was beatin horribly and wanted to release his hand not only because it he was prolly holding high cards/med pocket, he didnt know if the next guy was going to call... making him release his hand. Now the next guy having been reraised is now facing some very good cards he realized and not the small stacks effort to move all in with something "ok". So he folds as well. I personally like the way you played this hand.

I understand the math answer you are trying to get here... but poker isnt only about math... as you are sure well aware of. If you had been getting pushed around or you saw loose play, and wanted someone to pay to play their decent hand... then you just put more pressure on them, kinda "scared" them. or w/e... and other varibles that im sure u know as well... but overall i give this play an A- [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]