Thread: Rock Cracking
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Rock Cracking

Table is pretty good and I have position on two of the better contributors, CO & BTN are both loose/passive call to the river types. I was sorry to see them fold this hand.

MP2 is a rock, very tight, passive pre-flop (10/3) then plays the flop extremely aggressive (AF:5) if he hits then turns weak/tight for the turn and river (AF:0.75) rarely showing down anything that cannot be described as some variation of the nuts.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">When he raises, I put him on a solid range of hands, TT or better, AQs, or AK. When he caps, I put him on AA(6), KK(1), QQ(6), and maybe AKs(2). This is the first time in over 100 hands I have seen him re-raise pre-flop, let along cap.</font>

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue"> I now have MP2 on AA(3), QQ(6) or AKs(1), so I am way ahead of 60% of his holdings (QQ), but not likely to make much money. 10% of the time I am way ahead (AKs) but likely to make a lot of money and 3 times I am way behind and likely to lose a lot of money. With my read, I think I want to lead out here, so I do, this hyper aggressive on the flop player just calls. I am about 95% sure he has QQ now.</font>

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

What's my line? Do I bet, when I know 75% of the time he doesn't fold he is way ahead of me. Do I check, hoping he will give me another bet with QQ and if he bets after my turn check, do I check-raise or call and then what do I do on the river? This had me confused because I was honestly about 95% sure I was ahead on this turn but he would be easily spooked and run away with any hand I beat.

As always, any criticism of any part of the hand is more than appreciated.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.