View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Math question about AA.

Lol - yeah right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

U have the best preflop advantage ever - u want to win the most, but risking as little as possible. Now u might go all in if there is 1 chip in the pot - but I rather like my odds and will try to extract some more from my opponents.

But somewhere there has to be a crossingpoint of how much u stand to win 80% of the time by getting some body into the pot with u - contra an overbet that shuts everybody out - but gives u the amount already in the pot. In this example 750 chips, which was a 35% increase of my stack.

How to figure out this number - and then to make a bet that in relation to this gives you the best advantage - and at the same time induces mistakes by your opponent is what I'm talking about.

If the amount preflop is big enough in relation to stack u might want to shut others out - or at least make a costly mistake by calling youre overbet. On the other hand, risking 20% loss (and ruin) is ok when there is not much in the pot to be won in the first place and if u want to win some chips I see no better hand to do it with.

But here we are discussing the fact that there is already a substantial amount in the pot. Now how much does it need to be in relation to stacksize and the incentive to take it down immediately - as opposed to win more chips but still have that 20% (or 35% against two players) loss figure looming just around the turn ( pun intended).

Now i might have gotten hung up on an obscure idea - I mean whats there to think about.... AA - I'm all in!!! (Take down the blinds 15/30) or I'll slowplay - (and get 5 callers....) and so on - but at least it must be better than the "folding AA preflop" threads......

Consider what amount there has to be in the pot already - in relation to your stack - before u want to make an overbet that shuts the others out instead of inviting them in. Where u then win more chips - but also risk extinction at least 20% of the time.

Anybody with some sensible thoughts on the subject?