View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Math question about AA.

yes I understand - about 80% against one opponent. Less against two - probably about 65%.

And again my raise is big enough to take them out of action - and I could probably have gotten more money if I'd raised less.

Maybe i played it to hard - but the question is still. Is there ever enough chips in the pot so that u want to take it down without a showdown when u have AA?

Double up 80% of the time - (or 65%) contra winning immediately and increasing your stack with 35%.

The increase of 35% may not be enough to say that I did the correct thing - but maybe an increase of 40/50 or 60% would be a better "no risk" thing than an 80% or 65% double up or broke scenario? Especially when u are already among the top 2 or 3 chippies.

And I know the question is a bit "on the side" since u normally would love to just double up any time - but surely there has to be occasions where there are either so many involved or so much chips in the pot that u think of taking it down immediately - or if really lucky get one caller along on your overbet.