View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from Monte-Carlo

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't JQ a real possibility here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a possibilty. However, J8 is also possible then, and I lose to this hand on the river. But anyway, I think that his instant smooth calls made more sense for me if he has a made hand, and not a draw. I think that with a QJ there's some real possibility he raises me, at least on the flop. He didn't look as if he contemplates a raise.

Actually, when he raised me on the river, I thought it is more possible that he called me on the flop and on the turn with nothing, only to make a move on me later in the hand. It is of course something I have seen strong players do on these big events, when they sense their opponent is able of folding a nice hand (but I don't really think he is that kind of player). So it was either he's on a complete bluff from the begining (bluff calling on the river/turn), or he has a 9/T (holding A9, AT, like you said) or a set (Edit: of course, if he has only T he doesn't raise the river IMO) I didn't feel he'll be raising me with a missed draw, and so - I didn't feel inducing a bluff from a missed draw is the line for me here.