View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from Monte-Carlo

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: check call the river

[/ QUOTE ]

That's obviously what I was thinking after my fold. However, thinking about it much more, I'm not sure I like check-calling here. I think his smooth calls on the flop and turn, which weren't typical for this player at all, and not on a very drawy board, might make sense if he has 2 kinds of hands: 1) a hand that will call a value bet on the river, especially since I didn't reraise PF 2) a hand that has me killed already on the flop (or on the the turn). I don't think this is a very bluffable board/hand, with the dynamics of the hand. I also suspect that if I'm behind here, the kinds of hands he has might make him bet more than 1500 on the river (and so it's worse than betting myself, if I'm folding to a reraise like I did). Anyway, I'm not sure.

BTW, I talked with my villain here about this hand 2 days later. He said he had TT for a flopped set and I believe him.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: limp preflop, then call a lot like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a possible line, of course. I liked raising because I liked the idea of starting to put some pressure on this guy. Also, The fact that I raised PF made my river call somewhat easier, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: Call and play a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I don't like my reraise here at all.