View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 04:47 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Strategies against players who don\'t give a damn.

You have the nut straight and he catches a lucky boat. In the long run, you want him chasing like that, odds are in your favor.

Believe me, I completely understand how frustrating it can be against someone like this. It just seems they make their crazy hands and suck out on you. But, these other guys are right, you will beat someone like this in the long run. In the short run, they can easily tilt you.

Just had one of those douchebags win my 7-card stud event the other day. The betting structure was pretty agressivee, so his style of betting with nothing forced others out of pots, allowing him to take down some nice chips early on.

One crazy hand he had a 5 on board with an 8/4 in the hole (nothing suited). Another player who was shorter stacked raised it up (had a Q showing and a Q in the hole). The crazy stated he didn't have anything, but called anyway. He pairs his 5 but the other guy pairs his Q.

The other guy winds up getting all his money in with trip Queens vs. a pair of 5's and a very unlikely straight draw. The next card gives the crazy his third 5, and the next card after that gives him quad 5's. Unbelievable. Now he thinks he's gods gift to poker because of this unreal luck that he had. But that will keep him coming back and putting his money in.

This same kid thinks he can get a 3% edge in roulette by betting on 10 numbers each time and winning 1 in 4 times (35-1 payout for hitting once vs. putting 40-1 money in)

He just doesn't have a clue, he's so moronic I want to slit my wrists. But he'll pay you off when you do have a hand. He just can't help but to bet and bet and bet.

they always assume anyone betting into them is bluffing, they always have to see the flop (i.e. they'll call an all-in pre-flop with something like 9/2 suited) and if they catch a pair, any pair (board could be K/Q/6 and they have bottom pair) they just won't fold (their thinking is "well, I might hit trips!")