View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: too aggressive here?

Entity,

This type of situation is not uncommon....flush draw with a somewhat raggedy board but the BB play on the flop makes it interesting. I think I misplay these types of hands more often than not. What would you say about my proposed line for this?

FLOP - I value raise with the intent to call a re-raise by the orignal raiser with my K flush draw and BD str8 draw. I would call the re-raise from the BB (but don't like it [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]). The BB could easily have called a PF raise with any suited or pocket pair giving him a weak 2 pair or trips. TPGK is also a possibility but would BB check-raise this? I would be thinking that my flush draw is vulnerable to the BB who may fillup by the river.

TURN - I would check-call fearing a re-raise and I want to get to the river as cheaply as possible. I am not ahead.

RIVER - I would check-fold. If the flush hit without pairing the board, I would bet, raise, and cap paying the A flush if it's out there. If the flush hit but paired the board, I would bet and call a raise.

Is my thinking OK?

(Sorry darkhorse..don't mean to hijack your thread. I might also have played it similarly to you without having a leisurely amount of time to think about it.)