View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: First Micro Post and a Hand

Welcome to the forums. Check out the stickied FAQ thread at the top of the forum if you haven't already done so.

Heads-up play is very different from multiway. I think there is a significant chance that you are ahead both on the flop and the turn. I think you need to fire again on the turn -- you have a strong hand; the flop is a rainbow; does BB call a raise with a 2,4, or 5 in his hand (maybe but I'm not convinced by the flop bet); seems like a 4 is unlikely, but you'll hear about it on the turn if he has it. There's a good chance he folds to the turn bet (for all he knows, you have a big pocket pair). If raised on the turn, I'd probably let it go (without a read on BB). If called I'd check behind on the river UI, and might call if bet into, depending on the river card.

I wouldn't worry too much about your stats after 1K hands -- think more about your thought process and the thought process of others expressed in the forums. In this hand, a read on BB would be way more valuable than the read on your own tendencies.

Again, welcome to the forums.