View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: easy fix

this drill helped me and i have taught it to 2 people and it really works. tee your ball up. picture a line from your ball to your target. get 2 more tees out. about a foot in front of the ball (on the target line you are picturing) place a tee 3 inches on the right side of the line. do the same about a foot behind the ball but 3 inches to the left. now if you were to imagine a line going from tee to ball to tee you would see it pointing way right of the target. dont line your feet up with this line. line up normal and slowly take the club back trying to take the clubhead directly over the back tee. when you swing through and hit the ball try to keep the club head going on the tee to ball to tee line. if its not working at first then slow down your speed until you can consistantly go on this path. you should actually produce a slight draw with this method.

at first one of my friends couldnt get this method to work but it was because he was doing it way too fast. he would take the club back on the right line but then he would cast it at the top and it would slice. i made him slow down and hit a few 125yrd drives instead of him trying to rip it 250 and he got use to the path in no time.