View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Do any other winning players...

How often do you think your actions at the table affect the result of the hand?

Good and bad players think they can change the result of the hand much more often than I believe is possible. What am I saying?

Example 1

You flop quads and you check someone has a high PP they bet you raise and win a big pot.

You flop quads and you bet someone has a high pp they raise you reraise and win a big pot.

Your response to the situation made little difference the conditions you had no control over determined the result.

But if you flop quads and bet only to see everyone fold you feel YOU played poorly. When in truth what happened was noone had a hand THEY liked.

So we don't have much control over the result of the hand. What should we do? Learn to reconize the few times our actions will result in either a large profit or a large loss. And be sure to ALWAYS act acordingly. All winning players know how to do this so it becomes boring fast.

So you are not challenged and start to over think every situation. When in truth you are playing very well. The conditions you can not see or control are changing and dictating your experience.

I however have no idea what I am talking about as I don't consider myself a winning player I am just running good. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] And no I don't flop bet the quads it was an example!