View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Big stacks put wayfare to the test

[ QUOTE ]
I think there are a lot of hands he could have that beat you..
the better kings AK, KJ, KQ any one of which could be called preflop at Party..A3 and 22 are also possible. KK is not likely. I think there are very few he could have that you beat. Why would a flush draw or K9 min reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why they minraise is because the board paired and because people don't like calling minraises on the turn because they think it's a monster. Here is how I look at it:

Pot is $71, and it is $16 to me. I have position. There is a good chance this guy will bluff with a missed draw if that is in fact what happens on the river. I do not believe strong kings play this way at all. I just do not believe that AK or KQ or KJ will often make this play on this board. They will min raise the flop, or just bet it.

One thing that I also didn't mention, but should have, is that he insta min raised me after insta calling the flop. Now, going back to the pot:

If he misses his draw, there is a good chance I can get a large amount of money off of him by taking a long time to call the turn min raise. If a diamond comes off I can get away with no more money put into the pot. If he gives up on a bluff, like many people will when they min raise the turn and are called, I make huge expectation with this call.

Out of position I would have folded.