View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Important Hand if you play Nl $1,000

Kane-

Nice bet but I would think differently if I had the nut flush and would not fold.

On the river, I would think that if you had a boat, you would have bet less if you wanted a call. Here is the reasonining:

When making the bet you cannot assume that either the BB or button has the nut flush which is the only hand that could possibly call your bet. If either BB or button have less than the nut flush they would probably fold to an all-in bet and I would think that you know that. Therefore, if I'm in the hand with the nut flush, you have to be trying to push me out.

If I had the nut flush, I would think that a boat would bet smaller to make sure that I didn't fold.

The problem here (btw, I do not play 1k but have played the 400 and 600), is that MANY players make this bluff and show less than what you have or show the K high flush with the belief that it is unlikely that another player has the Ace high flush. With the nut flush, I call and think I just have to take the beating if you have the boat.

BTW, I'm not critiquing your play. I think if your read is that solid on a player you are a very good player. There are so few players who would lay that hand down that you have to be sure A LOT of the time to make your play correct.