Thread: "Faith"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: \"Faith\"

[ QUOTE ]
A terrific analogy that I think would help clear up your second problem is that religions are all trying to climb the same mountain and starting from different base camps. If you assume that religions are just different ways of achieving the same goal, it should be obvious that different religions are not in opposition of each other, but rather parallel to each other, so picking a particular religion is merely a matter of preference (at least from God's viewpoint)."

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great analogy of religion. It is man trying to work his way to a relationship with God. The problem is that there aren't enough good works that any person or religion can do to restore that relationship. That is the whole misconception of religions. So it's not like you can choose a right religion and all the others are wrong. The only way we are saved is from God's GRACE through Jesus Christ. It is a free gift, and all we have to do is accept it. It's sad how many Christians behave like fanatics(the media usually only shows these types), and I'll be the first to admit that most Christians don't even know why they believe what they believe. Many people and churches give Christianity a bad name, and cause others to label Christians. But haven't you ever wondered? How could one person make such an impact? Why so much controversy when you hear that name, Jesus Christ? Of all the physical evidence out there for Christ, the evidence most overwhelming to me is to see Christ work in my own life and in others. I have seen men literally crumble when they come to know Jesus Christ. He has changed my life drastically. There's no way I can explain it to you in words, or make you believe it. All I can do is share with you what I've experienced. The choice is up to you.

Oh and if you couldn't tell, yes I'm a Jesus freak [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]