Thread: "Faith"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: \"Faith\"

[ QUOTE ]
Just playing God's advocate for a bit...

I have read David Sklansky's teachings. While I did not really understand or even truly believe them at first, I put my faith in him and gave it a shot. I immediately noticed a profound improvement in my poker life. The more I incorporated his teachings into my game, the more I benefitted.

I have never actually seen David Sklansky. I have never heard his voice. And while I have read his words, it is possible that they written by others and only ascribed to David Sklansky. I could demand that he show himself to me, but I understand that he has other things to do and might ignore my demands, and anyway it doesn't really matter, so long as his book continues to help me in my day to day poker life.

I know that there are other authors out there who claim to be as wise as David, and I have read some of their writings as well. And while I see that there are great similarities in overall tone between many of their words and those of David Sklansky, I also note the subtle differences in the texts, and always come back to David Sklansky's teachings.

Does David Sklansky particularly care if I have read his word, understood it, and used it to my best advantage? I doubt it. He has given us his lessons, and trusted us to use them to the utmost. And isn't that really enough?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see more of this......