View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: David, this is a bit ridiculous, don\'t you think?

[ QUOTE ]
No offence, but your questions here are sophomoric. They show an almost total lack of understanding of basic religious philosophy, and many of your apparent concerns could be addressed with a few minutes of study of a basic introductory textbook on the subject. Watching this board the last couple of weeks has been frankly a little embarrassing. You are asking simplistic questions and getting dreadful responses (along with the occasional enlightening answer that gets completely lost in the shuffle).

It's clear to me that you are attempting to ask questions that proselytize a simplistic atheistic outlook based on a somewhat smug sense of intellectual superiority. I used to see it all the time when teaching philosophy--the students who realize they don't believe would become almost righteous intellectual crusaders for "truth", while in the process obliquely insulting anyone they considered foolish enough to believe.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your atheist leanings, the way you have chosen to articulate them is, frankly, beneath you. Pretending to ask for advice from a board clearly unequipped to give you any real guidance is not the way to educate yourself or us. Start with some basic readings and go from there. And remember that the very most intelligent and thoughtful atheists and believers I have ever known went out of their way to give as much credit as possible to the other side. With a question of this magnitude, you do yourself a disservice by doing anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you that guy who had like 3 seperate accounts and tried to pretend to be 3 different people and got caught out?