View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: 50/100 hand. Comment please

You can argue image and metagame considerations all you like. But that is a topic not immediately accessible for analysis, and so is hard to quantify. I'm certain you will agree that winning at poker comes down to making better decisions than your opponents. You're right in assuming that no 1 decision or hand happens in a vacuum, but most of the time it is the single isolated decisions that separate the winners from the breakeven players or the losers.

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is way too complex to easily talk about what makes a player great, but on the subject of laydowns in limit poker, save your laydowns for the obvious ones (against very predictible opponents or w/ weak hands multi-way).

[/ QUOTE ] What if I told you this isn't a that tough laydown?

[ QUOTE ]
. I simply don't think that someone who plays like you do has very good results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this coming from? I'm very interested in hearing your extensive research for making this claim. I think I do quite well as a pokerplayer. I wouldn't put myself in the expert category, but I'd certainly say I'm bordering on very good.