View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Possibly buying this from dell?? any help would be greatly appreciated

Craig,

I just got my 6000 about a week ago and love it if that helps.

There are alot of computer experts on this board, so I won't pretend to know the technical stuff. All I can say is that I've been multi-tabling at multiple sites, with browser, music and whatever else running and I have no problems. The wireless is sweet. I went with the 750 processor (same as you) but did not upgrade the hardrive to 7200 but I don't run PT non-stop like everyone else here (yet).

The WUXGA screen is awesome. I feel like I can do 10 things at once on it. I find that the 15.4" screen is just fine, though if I'm not playing poker I'll scale back the resolution a little to make things more readable. It's fine at max resolution, but I can see how it'd be an eyestrain for everyday tasks when not playing poker.

One other thing, I did upgrade the battery to 9 cell and I love the fact that it lasts so long away from a power source. Something to consider. I don't know how much longer the 9-cell really lasts to be honest, but I get a lot of utility out of the longer battery life, so I went for it.

Hope this helps.

edit: hey, i'm a newbie...woo hoo! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]