View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom - $10,000 ADDED TONIGHT

I think pokerroom is by FAR the easiest MTTs out there. I dont even think its very close. Your first two or three tournaments, you will find yourself thinking "oh well, Im beat..he must have a set....holy sh!t! He just called off all of his chips with a K4."

General Comments:

*Wierd sense of community. Many of the players join 'pokah' groups, and have nicknames for each other. Don't ask me what a 'pokah' group is, I dont know. I dont care, I just want their money.

*No antes in MTTs, which leads to a TON of stalling around the bubble. Ridiculous and short sighted, but a tremendous profit opportunity for you.

* Slow software, but some good features: They update the size of the pot as betting is done, so you always have an easy reference. Color coded flags for player notes. GREAT shortcut keys. I sometimes play there, just to get away from my mouse.

Overall the site kinda gives you the vibe of a freind of a freind's home game, where most of the players really suck, but dont know it b/c they only play against each other.