Thread: Thinking LAG
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Thinking LAG

I agree, I think the check/call line is better as it is almost a certainty he will bet if I check. I win the same when ahead and lose less when behind, he won't fold and, well, checking is a no.

As for QJ, I probably could have picked a better spot, like ANY hand when I am not SB [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] as I have position on him every hand except SB. But this guy was on the table for quite some time. He clearly can read what people play, and if all I do is raise Ax or big broadway that makes life for him very easy. If I show down some weaker hands, then I get him to cap PF and flop when I have him crushed. What I do not want happening is a thinking LAG taking my chips in quantity with his 2-pair/TP hands and folding out/calling down when I have a big hand. I think you need to be a bit LAG against them as well to extract the max. I do not think QJ is so hard to play post-flop in this spot. If I pair I go to SD. As for playing Ax for SD value, well yes, but not much value as LAG will certainly play overcards to a pair, which is not possible with Ace-TP, plus you lose a lot when you have Ax and he has AX. How do you know? You don't. Post-flop is never easy against these guys without something really decent, but I think playing like a normal HU contest post-flop you would not go far wrong.