View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Why winning players really win.

Maybe he's the greatest advertiser ever?

[ QUOTE ]
I play live on Saturdays at our brand new cardroom...every time I play I'm just the guy who hangs out for a few hours playing cards. I don't act like the shark and am pretty quiet around people I hardly know. Before dealing in, I'll ask questions of those around me about their lives, trying to make friends and gain information before we start.

Gentleman (gambler cool guy) last Saturday called my pre-flop raise cold (I was first to act with TT). Dealer said, "You're in?"

He said, "Of course, I don't care what he has, it's the right play." Three players called, SB folded, BB called the raise.

Flop came JJ3. Checked to me, I bet, he raised, everyone called. The turn came a 7. SB bet, BB bet, I folded (because the other player's raise didn't sit well - something was up) - the other players went to showdown with his hand and he turned over J3o.

"See...that hand? It was the right thing to do...the books are wrong."

He won later with 74o. (7 on the flop, 7 on the river.) He was up for the session I played with him and began a speech how those books that teach people to play poker are written by players too broke to play.

If the WSOP has an Omaha event, he said he'll be there. Have fun!
PB

[/ QUOTE ]